Path of Exile 3.1.0: War for the Atlas and Abyss Challenge League have been released for PC (change log). “An ancient being, known as The Elder, undermines the Creator’s rule over the Atlas of the Worlds and spreads fear and terror,” writes Grinding Gear Games. The developers promise 32 new maps (Endgame), new boss encounters with the Elder and his four guards, another quest and many new items. The Xbox One will be supplied later in December with the extension.
With version 3.1.0, Path of Exile is available in German, French and Spanish. At the same time, there should be Europe-specific payment methods.
- A mysterious entity, known only as The Elder, haunts the Atlas of Worlds, spreading decay and battling The Shaper for control.
- Added 32 new maps including two new Unique maps.
- Added new boss fights with The Elder and his four Guardians.
- Introduced Shaped and Elder items. These items can only be obtained in areas where the Shaper or the Elder holds influence, or by defeating the Shaper or Elder themselves. Shaped and Elder items can obtain mods not found elsewhere, as well as higher-tier versions of some existing mods.
- Added a new quest: The Queen of the Sands. This quest can be obtained by talking to Petarus and Vanja in Act 9 after completing the prerequisite quest The Storm Blade. The Book of Skill quest reward for completing The Storm Blade has been moved to the Queen of the Sands. The Storm Blade now rewards players with their choice of several rare weapons.
- Added 48 new Unique items.
- Added 6 new Divination Cards designed by our supporters.
- Added a new Dexterity/Intelligence Skill Gem – Unearth: Fires a projectile that will pierce through enemies to impact the ground at the targeted location, creating a Bone Archer corpse where it lands.
- Added a new Dexterity Skill Gem – Cremation: A targeted corpse explodes, dealing area damage and turning into a volcanic geyser, which will repeatedly unleash projectiles sequentially over the surrounding area for a duration. The explosion of the corpse is not affected by modifiers to spell damage, and cannot be reflected.
- Added a new Intelligence/Dexterity Skill Gem – Bodyswap: Your body explodes, dealing spell damage in an area around you, and a targeted corpse also explodes, dealing damage around it. Your body is recreated at the location of the corpse. The explosion of the corpse is not affected by modifiers to spell damage, and cannot be reflected. This spell cannot be repeated.
- Added a new Dexterity/Intelligence Skill Gem – Volatile Dead: Corpses near the targeted location explode, dealing damage in a small area and creating an orb which moves towards nearby enemies before dealing spell damage in a larger area. The explosion of the corpse is not affected by modifiers to spell damage, and cannot be reflected.
- Vulnerability has been split into two skill gems – Vulnerability and Despair. Vulnerability, a Strength Skill Gem, curses all targets in an area, causing them to take increased physical damage and increased physical damage over time. Attacks against cursed enemies have a chance to inflict bleeding and maim.
- Despair, an Intelligence Skill Gem, curses all targets in an area, making them less resistant to chaos damage and causing them to take increased damage over time. Cursed enemies also take additional chaos damage when hit. Existing Vulnerability skill gems have become Despair.
- Added a new Intelligence Support Gem – Storm Barrier Support: Creates a barrier around you while you channel a supported skill. The barrier reduces the physical and lightning damage you take from hits, and grants you a chance to gain a power charge when hit.
- Added a new Dexterity Support Gem – Volley Support: Adds two projectiles to supported skills, and causes them to be fired from points to either side of you, in parallel. Projectiles Nova (found on Sire of Shards) will currently override the projectile source part of this support, however, this will change in a future patch.
- Added a new Intelligence Support Gem – Spell Cascade Support: Supported area-targeting skills will also target an area in front of and behind your initial target.
- Added a new Strength Support Gem – Ancestral Call Support: Supported single-target melee skills targets two additional nearby enemies.
- Added a new Dexterity Support Gem – Mirage Archer Support: Hitting an enemy with a supported bow skill creates a Mirage Archer who continues to use that skill for a duration.
- Added 3D art for: Malachai’s Mark, Dialla’s Malefaction, Dendrobate, Hiltless, Void Battery, Redblade Tramplers and Lightning Coil.
- Added a new unique Strongbox designed by one of our supporters.
- Added a new Rogue Exile based on the winner of the Best Dressed Exile competition
The Abyss Challenge League
- Challenge leagues are a great opportunity for a fresh start in a new economy. All of your old characters and items are still present in the Standard and Hardcore leagues, but you’re encouraged to join the new leagues, complete challenges and demonstrate your mastery of Path of Exile!
- With 3.1.0, there are Standard and Hardcore variations of the Abyss challenge league available, as well as solo self-found variants of both. They have the same core mechanics and items. In the Abyss League, players will encounter cracks in the ground. Get too close, and these cracks widen and spread, allowing the terrible monsters to climb from their inky depths. Pursue these cracks, and you may discover a massive chasm from which dangerous packs of monsters emerge. Once you defeat these monsters, the Abyss continues to propagate, creating more chasms. Take too long, and the Abyss will seal shut, but if you’re quick and deadly enough, a chest filled with valuable rewards will emerge from below.
- As players progress through the Abyss League, some pits may offer access to the Abyssal Depths below. These Abyssal Depths are packed with monstrous creatures and valuable rewards, and culminate in an exciting boss encounter.
- Exploring the Abyssal Depths in high-level areas might result in an encounter with a Lich boss. These difficult boss fights are quite rare, but very rewarding. Defeating a Lich is the only way to earn an exclusive Abyss Unique item.
- Monsters and chests from the Abyss can drop Abyss Jewels. Like other Jewels, these can be placed in sockets in your passive tree to grant powerful bonuses. Unlike other Jewels, they have a set of exclusive new properties and can also be placed in Abyssal Sockets on your items! These sockets can be found on the new Abyss Uniques and a new base type of Abyss-socketed belt: the Stygian Vise.
- The Abyss League includes a set of 40 new challenges. When you complete 12 challenges, you receive the Abyss Helmet skin. At 24, you receive the Abyss Wings. When you complete your 36th challenge, you receive the Abyss Portal effect. These microtransactions are exclusively available in the Abyss League.
- From the 19th challenge onwards and for every third challenge after that, you receive pieces of an Abyss Totem Pole decoration to display in your hideout. The Totem Pole permanently showcases how many of the Abyss challenges you completed during this league.
Whenever you need currency in Path of Exile, U4NBA is here waiting for you with cheap PoE currency for sale. U4GM has plenty of cheap PoE orbs for sale and more promotional activities will be available soon on U4GM, make sure to visit our site regularly to get cheapest PoE currency and more.